Monday, October 1, 2012

My First day of Recovery

I just wanted to start off today by thanking my In-Laws for funding my first week at Utopia Wellness so i can get on the road to recovery.

Today I started on my road to recovery at Utopia Wellness Clinic.  I arrived at the office at 9:00 A.M. started to fill out the paperwork and see others coming in also. I went back to orientation and got enlightened to what was going to happen and what we were allowed to eat so the program will benefit the best.  There was a lot of resistance in the room when it came to restrictions on food.  I think we as human beings are not easily told what to do and how to do it to easily.  The biggest issue for me was no red meat which I love. Just ask any of the wait staff at Longhorn Steakhouse in Sarasota,Fl. Red meat and myself are like best friends that I thought would never part..So I guess if we go out to Longhorn it will be a vegetable plate and salad for me.Oh, No more of their good bread.  I guess it's better than the alternative I don't have to remind people of that. Well back to the orientation,many people I think were overwhelmed by all the dos, and don'ts but also many people are not so easily adapted to change. I know that was one of my issues. After we were done with orientation I went to get my IV and that consisted of  vitamins and essential minerals. When they told me that I was going to get vitamin C injections I thought the bag was going to be orange like orange juice.  No it wasn't exactly OJ injections it was Vitamin C though but a lot more beneficial. Then they took me to get my foot bath and that was a real experience, the color of the water changed from clear to an almost black which indicated liver detox. We will see what next weeks bath color is I hope it's not black! That was all that I was  scheduled for for that day and all that is left now is shopping for the right foods. On our way home we stopped at one of our natural food stores. We got some veges and fruit and essentials for the next day then we can go finish shopping tomorrow.  

Help Linda raise money for her non traditional Brain Cancer Treatment.


No comments:

Post a Comment