Wednesday, September 26, 2012

They're Not Going to Do This to Me

Today I went to see the Oncologist my appointment was at 2:00 and Bob and I had to wait a hour to get into the examining room. When I was waiting the people I saw coming into and out of the office were in pretty sad shape, some left so out of it that they didn't even speak. Others were hooked up to oxygen and some were even lost a limb. That convinced me right there that I wasn't, by any means going to do radiation and chemotherapy. I am not going to end up looking sicker then I should be just for maintenance, for the security that nothing will grow back when the doctor said he got it all. I finally got in to see the doctor and she went through her sales pitch that you will have 3-6 months to live if you didn't receive treatment and 2 years with treatment. That didn't seem like very good odds to me, you can't guarantee that you will live 5 minutes, I could walk out this office right now and get run over by a car and be dead. Who is she to play God. When we asked her her opinion on alternative medicine she said she didn't have any and that there was no substantial proof that it worked. Doctors are not able to give opinions about alternative medicine as they can get their license revoked and possible jail time if they do give any opinions on alternative medicine

Help Linda raise money for her non traditional Brain Cancer Treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment